Thursday 5 November 2009

NPG Taylor Wessing Prize

Last night the Taylor Wessing prize at the National Portrait gallery was announced and I was, as is natural, a little bit disappointed that Vanessa received the 2nd prize.
I was puzzled by the overall winner and I suspect a little politics at play, but that is often par for the course.
The first prize went to Paul Floyd Blake for "Rosie Bancroft" from an ongoing project entitled "On Track for 2012: The work of the short listed can be seen here and all the photos in the exhibition, including one of my images from Georgia, can be viewed here.
Also there is a feature on the award in this weeks British Journal of photography, titled Once more, with feeling.
The print edition includes a number of the exhibited photos including my own.

No comments: